We are VR Therapies and as our name suggests we deliver therapy using Virtual Reality technology
VR has shown amazing results for improving wellbeing, both physically and mentally and, whilst some people may be reluctant to engage in traditional exercise, VR can get people active and moving again, supporting their physical therapy in a really fun and engaging way.
If you have experienced VR before, you know that it has the power to take you anywhere in the world and deliver experiences you would otherwise never be able to get involved in.
Using our VR technology your members will be able to:
- Walk down memory lane, explore the world or travel into space
- Go on safari trips and walk with elephants
- Explore coral reefs, stone chapels, and landmark locations
- Keep active while testing their golf putting skills or fishing at some beautiful locations
- Express themselves through painting with fire and magic or sculpting amazing creations
- Swim with dolphins without getting wet (we also offer the opportunity to swim with dolphins in a hydro pool, but you will have to visit our centre for that one).
In addition to having fun, VR technology can be very beneficial as a way to:
- Introduce mindfulness to your residents through guided meditation with David Attenborough in the forest of serenity or on a mountain top. These were developed with St. Giles Hospice and are designed to help reduce stress, anxiety and pain.
- Increase their physical activity to strengthen muscles and elevate heart rate in a controlled way when seated and the additional benefit of improving balance when standing. Research has shown that this combination can help to reduce falls as well as improve overall health.
The sessions are tailored to your groups needs and can be free form led by the participants or guided with a particular theme depending on the options chosen.
If you would like to know more about the services we offer and how they could benefit your residents why not give us a call on 01604 622402 or email Bob.
Watch the short video below to see how residents responded to VR therapies at one local care home…
This fund subsidises 50% session costs and will be used to improve the physical health of Northamptonshire’s older population through immersive virtual reality therapies. The key focus is on those with Dementia, Parkinson’s and other long-term health conditions. This is thanks to Northamptonshire Sport and Sport England’s ‘Together Fund’. The Fund helps reduce the negative impact of Coronavirus and the widening of the inequalities in sport and physical activity. Interactive and immersive sessions will help people get moving and back on their feet again, enjoying different fun VR experiences utilising their interests and passions. As well as sports and games, we will also be using art, music and more to get people moving and engaging. Local voluntary, charity and community organisations can apply to book subsidised sessions (up to 5) and also train in VR, meaning they can continue the activities even after the project has finished.